smarTours was founded in 1996 with one goal in mind: to provide high quality, exciting group tours to some of the most fascinating countries in the world at the lowest possible price. The team at smarTours believes deeply that high quality international travel should be affordable, and we work tirelessly to deliver great travel deals. All of our trips include the following features:
1. International airfare from the U.S. on major scheduled airlines*
2. Deluxe and first class hotels in convenient locations
3. Interesting, in-depth excursions and sightseeing, and
4. Professional, knowledgeable, and caring English-speaking local guides.
Since 1996, we have provided unbeatable travel experiences and great travel deals to over 150,000 happy travelers. Most of our travelers are repeat customers, including many who have traveled with smarTours 5, 10, even 15 times. Our vacation tours, which we stand behind as “Best Travel Bargains”, have received considerable press coverage over the years from the likes of the Washington Post, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, and USA Today, among many others. And smarTours has been the recipient of several prestigious awards for providing some of the best value in travel, including: “Best Provider of Vacation Package Deals to Europe or Asia” (2012 Travelzoo Awards) and “Best Priced Packages to South Africa” (2010 Ubuntu Tourism Awards).
We look forward to providing excellent and affordable travel bargains for the next 150,000 travelers. Where would you like to go next?
United States Tour Operators Association Membership
smarTours is a proud member of the United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA). The USTOA represents the world’s leading tour operators, and smarTours is proud to be one of 54 members. Our active membership requires that we meet a minimum requirement of $1 million professional liability insurance (we have a $5 million policy) and to participate in the $1 Million Travelers Assistance Program, a sign of our financial strength and commitment to our customers. Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for more information on the $1 Million Travelers Assistance Program.
* The only trip where we do not provide international airfare is our Cuba Cruise Adventure. Since it begins in Montego Bay, Jamaica, which is easily accessible from all over the US & Canada, smarTours is not providing airfare. You have the flexibility to use miles, points, arrive early or stay late!