Careers at smarTours
Marketing Content Manager
Do you love international travel? smarTours specializes in group tours to 40+ must-see destinations around the world where it helps to have a travel expert making sure you don’t miss a thing. Our customers love traveling with us, and they refer their friends and family too. In this role, you will help smarTours help our customers and prospects identify, explore and book vacations to the world’s five-star sites!
We are looking for an amazing, data-driven marketer to lead our content strategy. Reporting to the CMO, you will play an important role attracting site traffic and social followers, driving new sales leads, creating engaging content for prospects, and fueling PR. You have a broad range of content experience including creating an editorial calendar, content for high-intent search keywords, and email content that keeps subscribers engaged. You enjoy recruiting and managing freelance writers to create high-traffic blog content, lead-converting landing pages, and shareable social campaigns. In short, you have a knack for knowing how to write, develop and scale marketing content that connects with customers and differentiates our offering in the market.
- Grow smarTours’ traffic, engagement and customer base with high-converting content
- Develop the strategy and processes to scale content for blogging, SEO, email, social media and PR
- Recruit and manage freelance writers, contributors and work with existing 3rd party agencies (e.g. SEO)
- Serve as an evangelist for our message, brand, and content through thought leadership, blogging, and social media
- Adopt and develop the content style, tone, and voice that engages best with our customer base
- Assist the larger marketing team as we rebrand and relaunch our website later this year
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Business or related fields
- 5-7 years of professional experience in digital marketing or web publishing/SEO including 3+ years in the international travel/tourism industry (highly preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience creating content for the web (blogging, guides, quizzes, whitepapers, surveys/research)
- Knowledge of SEO and how to develop content that ranks
- Experience with Google Analytics and marketing automation platforms a plus (we use Hubspot)
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude and ability to juggle competing priorities
- Eligible to work in US
- Central New York City office location, convenient to many commuting options
- Competitive salary, benefits, 401k and bonus plan
- Opportunity to travel on a smarTours trip
- Mac or PC? Laptop or desktop. You choose!
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Room for growth and advancement at a growing, exciting travel company
About the company
smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. smarTours focuses on connecting travelers with experiences that center around the history, people, attractions and local culture of exotic destinations. By offering group tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. Based in New York City, more than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. At the end of 2017, smarTours was recapitalized by Summit Park to accelerate the company’s next phase of growth.
Please send your resume, cover letter and writing samples to: email@example.com. We look forward to speaking with you about joining the smarTours team!
Reservations Agent – Full Time
We are looking for an experienced agent with 2+ years in the travel industry to join the reservations team at smarTours. Our ideal candidate is a good team player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, experience in the travel industry, excellent time management and organizational skills, and a commitment to delivering outstanding customer service. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, conducting research on the web, and general computer competence are essential.
Main responsibilities include:
- Providing excellent customer service
- Communicating by phone and email with clients
- Taking phone reservations accurately and with patience
- Working with customers on existing reservations
- Researching details about destinations to provide accurate answers to traveler questions
- Willingness to quickly learn and master our booking software
- Pitching in as needed to help with paperwork and administrative tasks
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and 401k for a candidate who can work full time.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Click Here to Find the Perfect Tour